Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Chalk

In my new green room (office/school/sunroom), I've been accenting with black and white. I have this hand-me-down table/chairs in Z's room that I've decided to move in the green room until we find desk.
I wanted to keep my black and white going, so, I spray painted the table. On the top I used chalkboard paint, and the rest I just used regular spraypaint. Did you know you can get chalkboard paint at Walmart for under $4?
The boys LOVE it! They ask to draw on it.

Right now, we're using sidewalk chalk. Haven't remembered to get any regular chalk at Walmart, yet.
Even Ben likes it, but we need another chair for him. He has to use Mommy's.

3 comments:

La said...

Someone was throwing two of those yellow chairs out with their garbage the other day! I really wanted to turn around and get them but 1)didn't have time 2) my car was full, and 3)I couldn't think what to do with them since we already have two table and chair sets.

That kills me when people throw away good stuff like that. Um, Goodwill drop off people???

I love your chalkboard table. Are the boys good to not use the chalk anywhere else?

Wendy said...

Kills me too! That missing 3rd chair is really causing problems.

They've done good with keeping the chalk at the table. I put it up after they're done to avoid any temptation.

Sarah P. Henry said...

so cute! i have a chalkboard table. i love it! did you see it on my post about krislenn's shower?