Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cake!!

So I have to say, I think this is my best birthday cake yet. I even used homemade fondant! I've done that once before, but had a better feel for it this time. Realized how THIN you're suppose to roll it.
The stars are made out of cookies.
Everything is edible except the mario figures/karts, sticks holding the stars, and the flag at the top. We got the Mario characters off ebay.
It took a RIDICULOUS amount of time, but I enjoy making them for the kids. They LOVE them and go on and on of how "beautiful" they are. Ca: "It's so beautiful!" (I think if they didn't, I would stop making them.)

My nephew was in town last weekend. His birthday is today: HAPPY BIRTHDAY IZ!!!
I asked my sister what kind of cake he'd want and made him this one. That's suppose to be fire on the side. I couldn't decide what color should go on top in a fire. Realized after I did it, that I did it backwards. Oh well. I got a little sloppy making his because I was in a hurry, but I think he liked it. Never heard him say "It's beautiful!" though.

2 comments:

Camezi said...

Yeah, my boys don't say "beautiful". They thought it was really cool, though, I assure you. Thank you so much for making it. They don't get cool cakes at home. I can't make them and I refuse to spend that much on a cake.

Finding Joy in Him said...

Crazy cute!