Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Magical Tokens

So a little update on how the token jar system is going....
I decided to simplify things a bit and mix our "school" tokens with our "chore" tokens, then let the kids buy Wii time whenever they choose (as long as their school and chores are done, and we have the extra time). Before, they got tokens during school time that they could only spend on game time. I like this new way better. Easier and they can play Wii on the weekends. 

The big boys have been bi passing the cash option when they fill up the jars and have been digging in my toy box for prizes instead. Several of the toys in the box are worth more than one token jar, and I told them they'd have to fill it up twice for those. They are never patient enough. They just keep taking the crappy cheap toys. So I came up with a way to make patience a little more appealing: the golden token. When they fill up their jar, they have the option of taking the magical golden token. It makes your token jar worth an extra $3, so when you fill it up the second time with the magical token inside, you get a nicer prize. 
Z got excited about this the first time I told him and chose it. No one has since. Oh well. They are running out of options for the cheap toys. Eventually, they are going to have to take the golden token or cash.

All and all, when I stay on top of it, it goes well (imagine that). I'm definitely sticking with it for the time being. But I do need to buy more tokens. When all the boys have their token jars almost filled up at the same time, we run out. I have to start writing IOU's. 

No comments: