So we've been in this house for about 9 months and I've finally decorated another room. Ben has had a "B" and one picture on his wall and 2 non matching quilts on his beds. Sad. When I asked what he wanted, he requested green and legos. So here we go...
His one green wall. I'm on a time crunch here, and the room was already tan, so I just painted the one wall. But I'm all about having an accent wall. I originally was going to make his bedding, but that quickly went south. I found these comforters at Kmart for under $20 each, Score!
This "poster" is one we made ourselves. The boys picked out which legos they wanted to me photograph with a little guidance from myself (I wasn't having that 4 armed creature blown up on the wall). I photographed it and had it printed at Staples as an engineer print for under $4. The blog I found with this idea suggested gluing to foam board, but then I remembered I had 4 boys. So I bought a poster frame on sale at Hobby Lobby for $10.
Ben is constantly creating art for his wall, so I painted these old frames and hung them for him to tape his art inside them. I LOVE how this turned out. The dresser is OLD, but I gave it a new coat of paint, slightly yellower than opposite wall. I love all the different greens.
My artwork. :) It's kind of hiding behind the bed, but I couldn't find a better spot for it, so behind the bed it shall stay.
I bought simple navy pillow shams, but added the white stitching to give them a little more character.
My pillows. I found images online, printed them, used them like a pattern and cut them out of fabric. Then hand stitched them on. Simple, but it did take several hours. Thank goodness for Netflix.
My create sign. You should have seen me sprawling all these letter out on the floor at Hobby Lobby.
My little creative man doing his thing.









2 comments:
love it! Blue and green look great.
WOW! You pulled it off again!! Love the blue and green!! And the details of the pillows are awesome!! You are a great boy mom! I find myself slacking in that department a lot! Ha!
Post a Comment