Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events


  • We've had coughs, colds, fevers, congestion, you name it.
  • Stomach bug that WOULD NOT QUIT! Ca threw up once a day for 5 days. He's low on the scales as it is. I'm sure he lost weight.
  • Ca was nursing a few weeks ago, and he bit down REALLY hard. Left a bad mark. I was in serious pain every time he nursed for 2 weeks.
  • Did you read "HOT!" blog? Insurance will cover our carpet, but to meet the deductible, it's not worth it. So we will be paying for it ourselves.
  • Ca decided to not take his usual 2nd nap, yesterday. Instead, he cried for 2 HOURS! I kept trying to get him back to sleep and every time I put him down, he'd wake up and cry another . . .however long I could stand it. Today, again, it took him a long time to fall asleep on 2nd nap, but this time, he actually slept.
  • I went to http://www.familywatchdog.us/ and found out there is a child sex offender in our neighborhood. Don't go. Our town is crawling with them. It'll freak you out.
  • Ca has separation anxiety BAD. If I even think about leaving the room, he cries. He wants me to be right by him, constantly. I think if he could, he'd have himself surgically attached to my hip.
  • Ca has started a 5:30am feeding, now. He's so old enough to be able to sleep through the night. If I let him cry, I'm scared it'll wake Z. If I nurse him, he's happy and then will go back to sleep on his own and let me sleep longer. This all started with him being sick and me having pity on the poor guy for throwing up so much. Now, I'm in a pickle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a good note:

  • We are pretty much over all the sicknesses. A little congestion is lingering, but that's all.
  • I get new living room carpet. Maybe I'll "accidentally" burn a few other things.
  • Naps - Maybe he's ready for 1 nap a day. Oh, that'd be nice if the boys took a nap at the same time every day. What if it was 2 hours everyday?? Our house would be CLEAN!! Oh, who am I kidding? My scrapbooks would be FULL!
  • The criminal website - well, it is good info if you can handle the information. I had gotten a thing in the mail a few years ago about a child sex offender living 2 doors down. Guess he moved. That's good to know.
  • At least my baby loves me. There might be a day when I'll try to hug him and he'll say, "Ah, mom!" He's been a little better since getting over various illnesses.
  • 5:30am feedings, then back to sleep is borderline better than 6am feedings and staying awake.
  • Started doing yard work, today. I'm so lost when it comes to yard work, but dang it, I'm trying.
  • Speaking of LOST, oooooooohhh, did you see it Thursday? Man, I was SHOCKED!
  • I think it's funny when I'm bathing my boys and they giggle when I wash a certain area.

Better go hang out with hunny. Nighty night.

4 comments:

Camezi said...

OMG! LOST was awesome on Thursday. I was also SHOCKED! I can't believe it. How did she get him???? Claire must have died. I have a theory. Maybe I'll post it. Glad y'all are getting better. I like your joke about your house being clean--or your scrapbooks being full.

kablot spot said...

Sounds like a rough couple of weeks. I'm glad y'all are better! New Carpet... Whoo-Hoo! I remember growing up, we periodically got new carpet because of some kind of flood or beef stew gone wild that almosst burns down the house. It pretty much rocks- if the insurance pays for it. sorry yours is giving you fits about it.

Meems said...

That website is insane. I have already looked at it in the past. We made our sex offender move. Seriously, he knew he wasn't welcome.

Yay for new carpet!!!

Elayne said...

Love that page! That has got to be my all time favorite. I feel a scraplift coming on!