Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Potty Business (Warning: this is dirty)

  • Z has been doing pretty good with potty training as long as we stay away from juice. He rarely initiates going potty, but has been doing ok with staying dry.
  • One day, I offered him a chocolate chip for going instead of our normal mini marshmellow reward because he had initiated it and I was so proud. He had just figured out a few minutes earlier that he could pee standing up and just thought that was the coolest. He found the glitch in the system. He then peed every 2 minutes just so he could get a chip. I finally told him he had to wait at least 5 minutes.
  • #2 has not been as successful. I have to catch him in the act. Doesn't happen that often. I did, however, figure out that he thinks it's funny to fart on the potty. "I fart" I encourage him in hopes that he'll go #2 trying to fart. It worked! once.
  • I made Chris clean up #2 in the underwear once because I had just done it and I was changing a diaper. When I told him he had to clean out his underwear, he seriously suggested that we just throw it away as if underwear grows on trees.

6 comments:

Meems said...

I've done the throw away thing before. Trash before yuck!

kablot spot said...

Well, sounds riveting! I can't believe he's old enough to go potty.

La said...

I too have thrown away my share. Sometimes they're just beyond rescue.

Camezi said...

Good luck. We are working on the same thing. Don't be surprised if Iz and I are really fat the next time you see us. We both get more than a chocolate "CHIP" for going potty. Seriously. I've got to stop eating those. Iz does ok as long as I remember to take him before he just goes. Really, I'm the one being trained.

Meems said...

Thanks for having us over today. It was so relaxing. I love how layed back you are.

Finding Joy in Him said...

Josh did the peeing every few seconds thing for M&M's. They are geniuses. :-)