Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Pregnancy Brain

I am the most horrible daughter. I forgot to call Mom yesterday on her birthday. I didn't post birthday wishes on my blog. Nada. I had asked her what she wanted a couple days before and she told me she wanted me to make her something. I told her it'd have to be after Christmas because I just didn't have time right now. She said it was fine. So in my mind, 'check'. Yesterday, was her actual birthday. No call from me. It had already be checked off. I am so sorry, Mom. You made my birthday so special this year. It had been a really rough week and you made it so nice. I sure hope that your better daughters called and that your husband did something nice for you. Happy late Birthday!!!

E, I know I didn't call you either on your birthday. I did think about it. I had sat down to read my Bible (something I hadn't done in a long time) and I remembered. I almost sat my Bible down to call, but I had done that 3 different times before that week and never had picked it back up. I decided that I better have my Bible time first. Well, in this house, what happens first tends to be the only thing that happens because 10 thousand things happen in between aka, sippy cups, poopy diapers, fighting, laundry bell, someone's hurt, someone's cry, etc.. I never remember what I was going to do next. I hope you had a wonderful birthday, too.

I'm blaming all this forgetting on pregnancy brain/toddler mayhem/holiday busyness/holiday business. You know I have 2 jobs that get busiest around the holidays? Someone loan me their brain. I obviously need another one. UGH!!

2 comments:

Camezi said...

Sorry, I need my brain and I don't have an extra to loan. I feel better about not sending a card now.

Elayne said...

I didn't even notice. When you get to be my age, ignore such things as birthdays. Nothing good can come from them.