It was a rare moment. The boys were playing happily together and paying no attention to me. I decided to hang my decorative shelves in Ca/B's room. It wasn't a total kid-free project, but I got it done. The boys were chasing each other in the other room so I decided to decorate the shelves,, too. I put my "B" that I had painted on one of the shelves and decided it needed a small red truck like the big one on my other shelf. I remembered that the boys had an old-timey looking red toy truck with a broken wheel in their playbox. I decided they wouldn't miss it and used it. It looked perfect. I left the room for a few minutes to clean up and when I came back, the toy truck was gone. Had it rolled off? What the heck? I asked Z if he knew where it was. He had seen it, climbed the chair, and put the truck back. Silly boy.
Ever since the time change, Ca has had a hard time falling asleep on time for his nap. Yesterday, I put him in his crib and an hour and 1/2 went by before I heard silence. Z and I were sitting at the dining table doing a workbook when I heard noises at Ca's door. Then I saw him. Ca opened the door, walked out of his room, puppy in arms, and shut the door behind him. In a perfect pattern of things tampering with my last minute baby arrival plans, Ca has officially learned to get out of his crib early. Our plan was to keep the baby in a bassinet in our room for a few months, meanwhile dh build for Ca a trundle bed to go under Z's bed. Now this little curve ball. What to do, what to do?
3 comments:
whoops!
Maybe he won't get out again for awhile. Josh got out a few times a few months ago, but hasn't gotten out since.
Whoops like your mom says, and just wanted to say...even do I don't know you in person. I am praying for you in this last weeks. !!
Post a Comment