Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Laundry List

I'm starting to feel the pressure of a new one coming in May. That's two months! TWO MONTHS, PEOPLE! Here's my to-do list between now and then.

  • Finish Nursery: I've finished the quilt this week, now for the rest of the bedding, painting, and all the decor. Here's a little quilt teaser.
  • Learn this music: I was asked to accompany a violin student in a competition that's this Sunday. I was given the music 2 weeks ago. I've been trying to learn it, but I'm so not ready.
  • Plan a piano recital for my students: I always do one in May. We'll be moving it up a month this year. I usually learn something to play in it, too. Too bad this one sounds strange without the violin.

  • Room Swapping: This one, I'm really putting off. I'm keeping them all separate as long as I can, but eventually, we need to put together the bunk, get a box spring from a friend, and start rearranging everyone and their clothes. I'm not going to do any redecorating in the big boys room except to move their names that's on the walls. Ca really needs a bigger bookcase in his room, too.
  • 2 birthdays this month: Ben's and Ca's. I'm not crazy enough to plan two birthday parties, but I need to plan one for sure. Ca said he wants a Toy Story birthday. Since Ben doesn't talk much yet, Ca gets to pick. I usually try to do a little photo shoot of them when they have a birthday, too. And I might ought to buy them a present or two.
  • Taxes: need I say more?
  • Our Yard: Remember that show, Malcolm in the Middle? Yeah, that's our yard.
  • Spring Clothes Swap: Poor Ca's pants are all too short for him. We (read: I) really need to clean out our winter clothes and pull out the 4T stuff for him, 2T for Ben, summer clothes for everyone. And baby clothes for Quatro. I guess I should get all those baby supplies out of the storeroom, too. Like a carseat - might be important.
  • Somewhat important: NAME THIS BABY!! We've got a list of names that I'm ok with but nothing I'm in love with. List includes: Jack, Abram, Gideon, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Samuel, Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego . . . maybe I'll come up with an actual list and post it on my blog - get some help.

  • I've got a project for the nursery having to do with these socks. You'll have to wait to see this one.

I know I'm forgetting stuff. And to top it all, I still need to keep up with everything else I'm already doing: homeschooling, keeping house, lessons, cooking, Bible Study, Preschool Co-op, grocery shopping, working out, and an actual laundry list. I know a lot of this stuff doesn't HAVE to be done, but really, 4 kids under 6 yrs. Will any of it get done after? I think not.

7 comments:

Camezi said...

Save the homeschooling for later. REALLY, Girl. You have time for that later. Out of those names, I'd pick Gideon. I probably just like it because it's not used that much. Jedidiah reminds me of the Hillbillies. I like your pictures.

Elayne said...

4 kids under 6 years. I had to look this up: Jenny had this situation for almost 2 months. You will have it for 6 months.

Finding Joy in Him said...

I think you should give him a name starting with an "A". Then your kids names will start with ABC.. Z (backward). I like Asher. It means happy blessing.

Wendy said...

Z's middle name is Asher. Apparently, I like it, too. Maybe Abram, though.

Elayne said...

If you name him Abram, I am going to call him Abe.

Wendy said...

Is that a threat?

Meems said...

Wendy, I am not sure how I got so behind on reading your blog. I didn't even know you had posted again. We had to buy a new computer this week so I will do better;) Adorable! Love the new blog look and the teasers!