Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

What Gets Me Excited

Although it's really nice to save on groceries, I also get excited about finding deals on other stuff, too.
This weekend, the boys went with their grandmother's, so Chris and I got to have a "date." We noticed that Bed, Bath, and Beyond was having a clearance sale and that's somewhere I DO NOT go with my kids, so we stopped by. SO glad we did. We found . . .

This comforter . . .
When Quatro comes, Z will be moving into a bunk bed in Ca's room. I had gotten Ca's comforter on clearance a over a year ago, but seeing how it's black, white, and gray, it was going to be an easy match. (Ca's is the comforter that the new one is sitting on). I found this 8pc set on clearance for $20, down from $60. I remember years ago when this style came out, but it matches, it's masculine, it's likeable, and it's a good deal - works for me.

I also found this little canvas art (10x10?) for only $3.50, down from $20. It's now hanging in my bathroom.


This is when I felt really lucky. We found this large (36x36) framed canvas on clearance, too. I had been looking for something to replace what I had hanging by the tv since we moved in almost 2 years ago. I needed something big, but wanted it modern and in colors that matched. I also, of course, did not want to spend a lot of money. It was orginally $60, on clearance for $13!!!
Here's what was originally there. (Came with the man)
Not as exciting, but I found this box of 50 thin hangers for $5. We can always use hangers, and I really like how thin they are. Takes up less space.

Today, I went by Target. They have lots of Up & Up coupons on Target.com. It's rare to see a coupon on a generic brand. There's 1 for $1 off Up & Up cleaning products. I was sad that I had to decide what cleaning product I needed most. Dishwashing detergent won. I had also printed two $5 off Women's jeans coupons (no longer available). These jeans were on clearance for $4.98. I got 2 pairs for FREE!! I got a bigger size for after the baby is born, and a smaller size I'm hoping to fit in again eventually.

 So I have to admit, finding deals helps with the budget, but there is a high to it, too. If I had paid originally prices on all this, I would have paid $200! I was able to get it all for $41.50.

2 comments:

La said...

Come be my personal shopper please? Seriously, the thing that really blows my mind when you get your really good deals is that you have three little kids. I have a very hard time doing any kind of coupon shopping with kids in tow. Do you drug yours first or what? Mine are very well behaved when I shop, but they still take up a lot of my attention. So what's your secret??

Wendy said...

La - I really avoid taking the boys with me, but when I do, I have a list I make from the coupon blogs I read of the deals already. I don't have to think too much that way, just find the stuff. I know a lot of couponers look for deals in the store, but not me - I just can't think when they're with me. (Bed, Bath, & Beyond was just a fluke date night find). And two, I have a rule with the kids. If they are "super-duper good" when we have more than 1 place to go, they get gum. Drugging sounds like a good idea though.