Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

What's in a Name?

  • Turns out Caedon is in the top 3 names for the last 3 years. I had never heard of it when I was pregnant with him. Darn.
  • Every name sounds too similar to Caedon. Reagon, Caleb, the list goes on.
  • Benjamin was #12 last year.
  • The number one name in Texas for last year was Jose. Mark that one out.
  • Xavier sounds great as a middle name. Goes with everything. It's been used in my family already.
  • Lots of great names have horrible meanings.
  • Levi, Liam, and Lincoln sound ridiculous with our last name. So do lots of names.
  • My mother-in-law suggested we use my mother's maiden name as a middle name. She doesn't know what my mother's maiden is. Ask me later if you don't know.
  • I'm considering asking dh if we can change our last name to my maiden name. There are only a few that sound bad with it.
  • I get asked at least twice a week if I have a name for my baby.
  • I hate the nickname "Bennie"
  • I'm trying to turn Chris around to Jedidiah, but even there, it's a hard name to find a middle name for.
  • What about George?
  • What about Buster?
  • What about Bud?
  • Z has already decided his name is Nemo. Maybe that's not too bad.
  • This baby may never get a name.

8 comments:

Enid said...

Benjamin Emanuel
Jedidiah Emanuel

Off course I don't know your last name, I might have to ask my friend who is your sister.

My Kids names are
David Glenn
Erin Enid ( If you said her second name is spanish it sound better, like Aneed )
Jared Joel
Rachel Lynn
Elijah Gilbert

We have greatgrandparents name, our names, our second names and just names we like. Is hard naming children, these days my oldest (8yr) daughter ask me, why she don't have a biblical name, I told well honey because that is what mommie like at that time. Ohh well Good Luck in your decision.

Meems said...

Elijah? I like that name. Levi is cute. Bud to me sounds like a nickname. I'm sure you'll come up with something:)

Wendy said...

We have a Manuel in our family - too close? We also have an Elijah. This will be grandson #11. A lot of names are elimiated just because of that.

Camezi said...

How about Benjamin David?
Ezra?
Nehemiah?
LOL
Gideon?
I like Micah, but it's close to Mike. I also like Daniel. I don't know if it's popular anymore. We don't have any Jeremiahs in our family. . . yet. Z told a Ben that she would marry him. I laughed out loud at the idea of using Mom's maiden name.

Enid said...

If Z want to married Ben D? I want him for my Rachel..lol! haha!
I like Benjamin David, sound good with your last name, now that I know it. My David want to name his oldest son like Camezi oldest son M, I tought that was cute.

kablot spot said...

Just so you know, Shannon is a unisex name. And you know what it will sound like with your last name...

Elayne said...

I don't think you should name him after anybody in Lost, either. Especially the bad guys!

Finding Joy in Him said...

Wendy,

The second we held James for the first time we knew his name was James. Neither of us had even considered putting it on the list because it's so common.. but it was his name. Joel didn't have a middle name for a couple of days. I don't mine if you take one of our middle names. Please DO NOT give him your mother's maiden name.

Jenny