Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Honestly . . .

Jenna, this is for you. "Honest Scrap Award."  This is what she knows: First, you have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true. Second, you have to tag others with the award and third you have to let all the people you've given the award to know that they've gotten it (comment on their blogs or something). And finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you.

My 10 Honest Things:
  1. I honestly think if I had tried and studied, there are many things in which I could have been successful.  The fact that I haven't (and won't), bothers me. But obviously not enough for me to do anything about it.
  2. I don't shower daily. I used to, before Ben. But now, no. Takes too much time.
  3. Watching HGTV (haven't had it for a year) has ruined me. I used to just decorate the way I like, but now, I'm all concerned if it's HGTV worthy. I know it's not, but I really try hard.
  4. I always wait until the last minute to do things. I think I like the challenge of beating the clock.
  5. I hate reading in front of people.
  6. I'm tired all the time, but I stay up late because all day I crave that alone time and it's the only time I can get it.
  7. I dream of opening an etsy shop one day to sell custom digital photo cards and albums, but I'm scared that I'll end up accidently breaking a copyright law and get sued. One day, I'll get the gutts. Maybe after I'm out of the baby stage.
  8. I never clean those hidden places in my house. Behind the toilet, under vases. I only clean what I have to. I've been to some bday parties lately (you know who you are). Their houses were so clean and HGTV quality. I'm feeling I might ought to raise my cleaning standards.
  9. I have a huge birthmark on my inner thigh. It's faded now, but when I was a kid, people used to ask, "What happened?"
  10. My dh is working on the backsplash in our kitchen. I bribed him. I'll let you guess with what.
I now pass on the award to . . .
    my sisters, Mom, Meems, Jenny Wilde, and Sarah Henry

4 comments:

La said...

I can relate to a lot of these! I get bummed sometimes thinking about all I "could have been", but then I realize what I "get to be". (I love Jo's line in "Little Women" - "I should have been a great many things." =)

I don't shower every day either. Every other day is just fine for me and, embarrassingly enough, sometimes every 3 days if I'm just at home cleaning! (ahhhh! don't tell anyone!)

#6 yes!!!!! So tired at night and then when I have to get up early too, but I HAVE to have some alone time.

Sorry, I do clean the hidden places because as soon as I don't my kids start playing there or rolling their toys there. And that gives my the heebie jeebies! Behind the toilet - eek!

I have a big birthmark on my arm where someone might punch you. I used to always make my brother think he had hit me hard enough to bruise me. He finally caught on though. =)

I'm supposed to do this honest scrap thing to. Why do I keep putting it off?

Elayne said...

You know how Ben's toes were the subject at his birth? Same with that birthmark. I just thought, "if you guys had been thinking for 9 months about all the things I had been thinking about, you would not have even mentioned it"!

Finding Joy in Him said...

Wishing you could come visit me at my house. :-)

hee hee said...

Finally! thank you...i was in such withdrawl! Does anybody shower everyday??? I don't even clean the obvious places in my house and as for the whole bribing thing...come on baby girl!!!!