Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Rest of the Story

We had actually been trying for several months when I found out that I was pregnant, so it wasn't a complete surprise. I had started to give up though, so I wasn't really expecting it to happen. In fact, I had told Chris that I was about to start, so that's why he was so surprised. I was a couple days late, but felt pms-ish. But this time, I figured out the difference. That pregnancy fog. Took a test while texting a friend, sent her a pic, and she's the one who helped me come up with a fun way to tell Chris. Every other time, we found out together by looking at the stick. I only kept it from Chris for a few days - it was really hard. I tell him EVERYTHING.

So Amanda invited us over for a Labor day dinner so Chris suspected nothing when we started the dessert. Adam was "trying out" our video camera to capture his expression. The cookies read: #4 baby (that was the pink one I ate), #1 dad of 6 (Amanda got a little confused on that one - well, I sure HOPE there aren't triplets), & 5-24-11 (due date). She had regular flower cookies to give to everyone else, so that it would be obvious to Chris that his were different, but I think she got a little too excited and give him his first. They, too, are trying to have a #4, so that's why Chris was a little confused.

Other stuff

  • Ben will be 2 yrs plus a couple months (this is the furthest apart we've had kids)
  • This is the LAST ONE. I might would like more, but 5 c-sections aren't good on a body.
  • I'm preparing myself for another boy. Let's face it. It's a big possibility.
  • We haven't told the kids. "They" recommend you await because nine months is a long time for them to understand.
  • I keep forgetting. I'll start feeling queasy and think, "I wonder why I . . . OH yeah"
  • We already have the other half of a bunk bed for Ca's bed, so that's where Z will go. We're going to do quite a bit of room swaping, so that the nursery can stay the nursery.
  • Only 4 more years of diapers!
  • I'm 5 1/2 weeks, even though this nurse try to convince me that I'm 3 1/2 weeks. Someone really need to explain to her how they calculate it. I tried, but she just kept trying to explain it to me. Lady, I've done this a few times. I get it!

Do you like my story-telling fonts? Saw it somewhere so I thought I'd give it a try, too.

6 comments:

Finding Joy in Him said...

I am so glad you explained what the cookies meant. :-) We went out to lunch today for my birthday and the topic of choice was what the probability of you having a girl was. The kids think it's 50/50. I think it's more complicated than that.. but I hope you have a girl.. they are a different kind of fun. She probably wouldn't be all that happy to have 3 brothers.. but she'd have two cousins that understand perfectly. :-)

Enid said...

If is a girl, daddy will protect her from all those silly boys before her!!

Elayne said...

love your fonts!

Elayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elayne said...

Your links are gone! I always come here to see who has updated their blog.

Elayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.