Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Christmas Shopping!!

I've got a secret in this big box in my closet.
Ben's already discovered it, but luckily, he doesn't talk well enough to spill the beans to the other boys.
TOYS!!

Ok, I know it's still July and normally, I'm notorious for Christmas shopping last minute, but this year, I've discovered Target's semi-annual toy clearance. Right now, they have lots of toys 75% off. From what I understand, the only other time they do this is right after Christmas. Here's what I've found.

I spent about $47 on all of it. Full price, I would have paid $181!! I think the most expensive one was about $8. Most were around $3. I most likely will use them for birthday gifts. It's so nice to just go into the closet to "shop" for a gift instead of having to take all 4 to a toy aisle to pick out a toy for their friend. What I don't give away, I can save for Christmas gifts.

In other news . . .
I made a tag for my diaper bag. Having been someone in a nursery, not remembering a baby's name or which bag they brought, I love having a tag on mine. (Want to know something embarrassing? Last week, at church, I signed Jack in the nursery, but wrote "Ben" on everything. Maybe next time, I'll look at his tag so I can remember his name, too.) I used my favorite lastest baby picture of Jack on the front and . . .
The back has all his information.


I covered it with laminating paper, punched a hole in it with an eyelet, and tied a ribbon to connect it to my bag. I think everyone should have one, don't you?



2 comments:

Micheal and Ashley said...

I need one! Make me one. :)

Finding Joy in Him said...

LOVE the bag tag! I think you're underestimating Ben. :-)