I printed out big & small stars on red, white, and blue paper and had the boys cut them out (I only had to cut out about half of them, myself). Then I layed out a long piece of yarn & positioned the stars on the yarn. Granted, I could have let the boys just put them however they wanted, but for my own sanity, I needed it to look somewhat even. I then had the boys tape the stars to the yarn.
I was pretty impressed with the way it turned out. I didn't use a measuring tape or anything.
The other decoration I had them make were these curly things. I traced a circled plate on a piece of paper, guessed at the middle and drew a spiral all the way to the outside. I cut out the circle and got them started on cutting the spiral. They did the rest.
It's not perfect, but that's ok. I didn't have to do all the work.
The other decoration was one I did by myself. It didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped, but I didn't have a pattern or anything. Just a lot of guessing. I even asked my husband if he had a mathematical equation on how to do it. Nope.
The party was really fun. All the kids wore red, white, & blue. We had storytime about Independance Day. Our snack was yogurt parfait with strawberries and blueberries that the kids got to make themselves. Then we helped the kids make their own pinwheels out of patriotic paper.
I didn't get any pictures of the party. I can't seem to host a party & take pictures of it at the same time. Mom has some pictures on her blog, though.
6 comments:
Love the homemade decor. Those pinwheels are too cute!
I thought that door decoration was store bought!
So impressed.
You are such a good mom. I don't do parties.
Oh! AND I'm impressed that the boys can cut so well!
How fun! I love all those ideas! :)
Post a Comment