Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 4th Pt.2

For breakfast, I had the kids help make flag toast. They really liked them. Z had 2.

I painted my toenails.

Then we went to the lake all day with my friend who had the baby 2 days later. There were several families that went = lots of kids.

They got to ride a boat, swim, tube, . . .


Jack even had a good time. I took her youngest and my 2 youngest home midday for naptime. They slept like logs (& so did I).

Amanda - I was so impressed with all she had thought of to bring & do - and while she was 9 mths pregnant. I hope we get to do this again next year. 

She had lots of food for us the whole day. For dinner, we had pulled BBQ pork sandwiches. YUM!



















Battle of the Bands was going on while we were out there, so we had live music, too. It was good classic rock. Ben had to dance a sumo wrestler dance. Apparently, there was hard core heavy metal going on during naptime that I missed. darn.
There's also several playgrounds out there that the kids got to play on.



Chris & I agreed that it was by far the best July 4th we've had.


4 comments:

Finding Joy in Him said...

You're making me miss having little kids. :-)

Elayne said...

I know B jumped off that boat into the lake if his brothers did it!

Camezi said...

Looks like loads of fun. You make me wish we had come.

Amanda said...

So cute!!!!!!!!