Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Owl love you forever, Baby

 Jack at 9.5 months

We took him for his check-up this week and he's still the big one. 89 percentile in length, 31 in weight. My others were about 30/0. He's already pushing 20 lbs. His brothers weren't 20 lbs until they were 15 months. It seems so weird to me.

  • He sits on his own
  •  does a crawl/inchworm move. I think he'll be crawling REALLY soon.
  •  sits on his own
  • can go from laying down to sitting on his own
  • says "da da" and makes lots of other sounds
  • does a fake laugh and knows it's funny
  • not too friendly with strangers, but a ham at home
  • is perfectly content if I'm holding him, but can throw a huge fit otherwise
  • wants what he wants and will let you know about it
  • naps 2x a day
  • loves his momma, but thinks daddy's pretty funny
I've been wanting to do owlet pictures for a long time. I've been waiting for him to learn to sit on his own and then I had to wait on the weather. We finally had a nice day and had a few minutes to take his picture. (Having the time has been more rare than the nice weather). He refused to smile. Most of my pictures look like that black and white one. I finally did a fake laugh and he thought I was funny - a little funny.

Not much longer and I won't have any babies to take pictures of! I may have to rent one.

SIDE NOTE: My sister, Jenny, offered to make me a blanket for Jack when I was pregnant with him. I already had a dozen blankets and my other sister had already told me she was making him one. So I asked Jenny to make him an owl hat. ISN"T IT DARLING?!?!? At Christmas time, my sister Courtney and I went shopping and he had on the owl hat and I had his blanket that she had made with us. Every store we stopped in, someone commented on his cute hat. I knew what Courtney was thinking. Sure enough, after about the 5th store/comment she says, "I should have made the hat." But his blanket IS gorgeous and when the hat isn't around, people notice it and comment on it, too. He's one lucky baby.

UPDATE: Jack crawled across an entire room this morning. I knew as soon as I blogged it . . .

1 comment:

Elayne said...

no need to fly airplanes when you feed this one.