Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Working Hard for My Money

When CARS2 came out on DVD, the boys really wanted us to get it.  I made them wait because I knew if I did, I could find a deal. Sure enough, on Black Friday, the Blue Ray Combo Set went on sale at Sam's for right under $10. I was too late to get it there, but took their ad to Walmart and they price-matched it. (In hindsight, I'm not sure that they were suppose to price-match a Club store price, but I didn't think of it at the time, and they didn't either).

On top of that, I found this rebate deal where you buy the dvd plus get $20 in Kimberly-Clark products, and mail-in for a $10 rebate.


Since then, I've been watching for Kimberly-Clark products that I needed, saving the receipts and the UPC's. I had 7 different receipts by the time I was done. Most of it was diaper wipes which as a mother of 2 in diapers, I needed away. I just barely made the deadline.
I had about 700 wipes, 12 rolls TP, & 3 boxes of Kleenex. My total didn't include all the coupons I used when buying all that stuff. So I probably spent closer to $16. So after my rebate comes in, I will have spent a total of about $16 on all those wipes, TP,  Kleenex, AND the Blue Ray. The blue ray alone would have been close to $30 had I bought it full-price. Not the most amazing deal, but this was stuff I needed which makes it OH so worth it.


1 comment:

Elayne said...

Ben told me about this!