Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Front Door

I've never been a fan of the orange brick, but it's how the house came. I decided when we moved in, it might help if I painted the front door. After 3 years, I finally did it. Here's the before (obviously taken around Christmas time).
 I have been trying to figure out what color to use since we moved in. I love all the colorful doors I've seen, but what goes with apricot? So finally, I decided on "Charcoal Sketch" (dark grey). It's safe.
I also painted the door frame white. I absolutely love it. Now I need to paint the shutters, but that can wait another 3 years right? I'll probably do them the same color, too.
Of course, I had to make a wreath to go on the front door. 

I found the idea here. The boys gathered sticks from the yard for me. I cut a circle from a pizza box and hot glued the sticks to it. 


I then threw a ladies' craft night and made fabric flowers to go on it. I hung it up with just the yellow flowers and the grey sticks just blended into the grey door. So off to the craft store with 4 little boys and a WII playing time bribe. I found some white baby breath. 

Much better.  

One of my flowers was donated to this little cutie for her first photo shoot.  
Little red-headed girls with yellow fabric flowers in their hair? Seriously. Too cute! Also, check out that adorable quilt she's sitting on. Jack didn't mind loaning it for a good cause.

3 comments:

The Holik's said...

The color of the door looks amazing!! I love it!! Love the wreath too!! I have been wanting to paint our front door too, but it need's to be sanded first, and Jason won't do it. I guess I could....... :)

Meems said...

Love, love the wreath!! The door makes the house pop. And of course the red head is my favorite, but I might be biased:) Thanks for all the great pics, friend! You did a wonderful job!

Finding Joy in Him said...

Love the door and wreath!