We have several milestones achieved in the last week.
Ca has been chicken when it comes to learning to swim, but at the same time, he's really wanted to learn. We did swim lessons last summer and the beginning on this year. Still, he couldn't swim. Saturday, we took him to the pool. He asked to work on swimming without a life jacket and Chris and I took turns working with him. I have done that several times with him, but he just wouldn't take the leap. It was really hard for him to be brave, but finally with a little "nudging" (*wink wink*) he took a chance and now he's doing great! Not completely swimming on his own, but he was able to swim 1/2 way across the width of the pool. He was so proud. "I'm so happy! Ben, did you know I can swim, now? Mommy, are you proud of me?" I think he'll be swimming completely on his own by the end of the summer.

The same weekend, Jack started walking. He had been taking 1 or 2 steps for a couple weeks, but the last few days, he'll walk across the entire room. He still likes to crawl when he wants to get somewhere fast.
Ben learned to write his name last week. He's pretty stubborn about what he wants to do in school and what he doesn't, so to get him to learn something is sometimes challenging. Will-power gets in the way quite often. We had been learning "B is for Body" and since he was working on writing a "B", I thought he might as well learn to write his name (luckily, it's pretty short).
Jack decided that one wasn't good enough. Erase.
Poor Zane. Time to learn to ride his bike without training wheels. Any volunteer teachers?





3 comments:
Cool! Isaac taught himself to ride a bike. . . it seems like forever ago. I'm sure Zane can do it, too!
Impressive!! Kylee threw a big fit when we told her we would not take her training wheels off. :)
I want to see your craft for your front door!!
I am missing it all. So proud of them. Does Zane have knee and elbow pads?
Post a Comment