Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Don't Let Dad See This Picture


On Sunday, dh and I took the kids to a Christmas festival held at a church here in town. It was all free and we had a lot of fun. They had a "train ride," crafts, lots of food, and Z's favorite, a bounce house. He climbed up these aired-up steps all by himself and went down this tall steep slide without any hesitation. That slide had to be at a 60-70 degree angle. He was by far the youngest one going in and out of that bounce house. So brave and laughing all the way. But then when it came time to sit with Santa to take a picture, heck no! He was stuck solid, his feet glued to the floor. Would not move near that crazy bearded man. I'm not one to do Santa stuff, but it was a free picture and well, I'm a scrapbooker. I was torn between my hobby/cheap self and my convictions. My hobby won. Had I known it was going to be such a poor picture, I might not have stood in line so long waiting for them to print it. I now wish I would have brought my own camera. Ca smiled so sweetly.
I don't think Z realized what that guy was doing to his face when he was painting on it. He couldn't see in that mirror, but when he got home and daddy washed his hands, he looked in the mirror and smiled real big, "Boot-all!" He loved looking at it. After his bath, he looked in the mirror again, puzzled. "Gone, gone." It was a fun family night.

3 comments:

Camezi said...

Now that's a novel idea--a Christmas festival!

kablot spot said...

Well, you definitely get to see me next time as I will be there longer than 2 days. I'm sorry about the last few times. It has nothing to do with how much I love you... cuz that's alot!

Elayne said...

Dad was here.