On top of all my current responsibilities, I've also taken upon myself to make crafts. I wanted the boys to give their CBS teachers a Christmas gift and of course, homemade cookies came to mind. I know there's a lack of them around this time of year. haha. I this saw this idea for Christmas ornaments, so I decided that we should try them instead.
I cut up lots of strips of paper. Couldn't let the kids do this. Not because of the danger of them cutting themselves, because it'd be SO cricked had they done it.
Then, the boys rolled them up with my quilling pin. You thread the paper into this little slit and roll it around. I had it from my scrapbooking days. This was something the boys got the hang of.
Pop them into a clear ornament. Ben was even able to do that.
We added some stickers and ribbon and ta da. They turned out pretty cute. It was harder than I imagined but just because there are 4 of them and only 1 of me and only 1 quilling pin. The boys took turns quilling, but that left for lots of time in between to cause trouble. They each need to make one more for their other teacher. I think I'll let them work on it separate days during quiet time.





4 comments:
those turned out so cute!
What a mistake...looked at this first thing in the morning and now I'm tearing up!!! I miss this family so much I just can't stand it!!! But I really do like these ornaments. Very clever! Love you!!!
Those are great! I feel for you though.. As much as I love to do crafts.. it's my least favorite thing to do with a group of kids. :-)
So cute! I love them.
Post a Comment