Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

We Finished!!

I finally got these ornaments done. I mean, "we". I tried working with the boys separately during quiet time, but they whined about doing it - wasn't as fun doing it with just mom apparently. We did the last few together - Z & I were quillers, Ca popped them in the balls, B ran around with his firetruck. That worked well. We got them finished. I pulled out my old scrapbooking stamps and had the kids decorate white lunch bags to put the ornaments in. I even pulled out my embossing tools and let them make glittery stamps on the bags with them. They loved that. I was wiser and made them take turns making bags so that I could help each one (if you've ever done glittery embossing, you know why - MESSY!), but we still were all at the table, so it wasn't mom making you do something. The teachers all loved them. Here's all we made (minus 1 I gave to Granny).

Note to self: wrapping up paper isn't that easy for a 4 year old (Z did ok with it) and it takes a LOT of them to fill up a ball. AND you are one person and there are 4 of them. Do the math, lady! Maybe next time, we'll crimp the paper.

No comments: