Our homeschool curriculum had us memorize the 23rd Psalm. When I saw that I was suppose to have my boys memorize an entire chapter from the Bible, I wasn't so sure they could. It took us about 2 weeks, learning a verse or 2 a day, then reviewing the next day, but they did it. The version's a little weird because I'm old-school and learned it in King James, words my boys had never ever heard. I found a book from the library that had pictures for each verse. That really helped them have an image to remember for each verse. It, too, was in King James. So I used King James, but dropped all the "Thee's" and "Thou's" and "eths" - but sometimes I forgot. So it's "Newesh" King James. Ben (2 years) learned a lot of it just by hanging out while we did school. It's crazy to think that he was not even saying but 20 words 6 months ago. The big boys know the whole thing, but hey, it's just cuter when a 2 year old says it. So here's Ben saying most of Psalms 23.
1 comment:
That is great!! Love the end!!
Post a Comment