Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Toy Mountain

The boys toys have been driving me crazy for months. I've been waiting for a good chance to sort through them. They had lots of annoying junk toys - broken, missing parts, cheep ones you get as party favors. I should make note that I hardly EVER buy the kids toys. Christmas and birthdays is pretty much it, and even then, we don't buy them much. I keep their toys on a rotation cycle. I have 3 bins I keep in their closet and once every few weeks, I pack up all their toys and pull out a "new" bin. It really keeps them from getting bored of their toys. They get excited when I announce TOY SWAP DAY. But in the process, some toys got left out of their right bin and then were found later, etc, so the bins had gotten really messed up. So I dumped out ALL the toys & made the boys dig under their beds for what was there, too.

I didn't stand far back enough to take the picture. It was WAY crazier than this. It took me all day, but I made piles of what goes together & made them pick a few toys that they didn't care for to sell or donate. I got them back in their 3 bins (plus a group left out in their room). Jack enjoyed helping with this process. I caught him a few times putting toys in the bins for me. So honestly, the may not be 100% sorted correctly.


This is the all trash toys: ones that were broken, missing parts, or just too cheap to try to sell/donate. I also cleaned out the baby toys. I have a big bag to donate, another to sell, and another to trash.

I took a short trip to Big Lots and bought this trash can to keep in the boys closet for all the tall or long toys.
I still need to make labels for their bins so we can KEEP them organized. Their rooms don't really look different, but the bins are sorted through and the toys under their beds are in tubs, sorted and I feel good about it all. *patting my own back*

No comments: