Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Did I Bite Off More Than I Can Chew?

I did finally decide to go to that cake decorating class. I debated a long time because I was having to go alone, but I'm glad I went. It was at Hobby Lobby and in the classroom, music was playing the whole time. This first class was non-interactive, so we just sat and tried to hear the teacher over "Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord" or whatever they were playing. To add to the hard of hearing, I was a little late because of a mixup at the checkout to pay, so I sat at the back. Then, to top if off, sitting in front of me were 3 Hispanic ladies, two of which did not speak English, so the third was translating the whole time. Now, to make the frosting. . .open the eyes of my heart, Lord . . . Para un frostingo lo mas burrito enchilada. Never have I felt more ADD. I did learn a little, and I found out that the lady sitting next to me has two kids about 6 months older than my two. AND she's a stay at home mom. Nice. She invited me to a playgroup with her church, but I think Chris scheduled something at the same time. Maybe next time. There is a HUGE list of things to bring for next time including a frosted cake. Where do I buy one of those? Ok, I know, I'm suppose to make it myself. I didn't realize there'd be homework. I think I'll have to bring a suitcase to pack everything. It almost felt like an Avon party with all the stuff she was showing that you can buy. This is only $2, this is only $4, but if you got all of it, dang, would I be in trouble. I don't think she was trying to sell anything, I think she was just showing us all the stuff available. I'm also realizing that I'm going to be making a cake every week. What am I going to do with all this cake? Maybe we should have a party. Every week for the next month. For a while, we were eating leftovers from the princess castle cake that I made my niece( http://camezisthoughts.blogspot.com/ ) and every time we did, Z would sing "Happy Birthday to Zion". Her birthday kept going and going and going. Did you see the size of that cake? and going. We'll be singing "Happy Birthday" for much longer it seems.

2 comments:

Camezi said...

I'm laughing about Z singing happy birthday to my Z.

Finding Joy in Him said...

Maybe Mom could take one to work.. you could take one to church.. to an nursing home...

I had someone try to give me a huge cake left over from a church party a couple of months ago. Most everyone had gone home and no one would take it. They tried to convince me that I should take it because I have so many kids. I told them that they should throw it in the trash.. no one needs the sugar.

BTW The princess cake was adorable.

Hey, you could freeze one for my birthday.

J