Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend, we took a trip to the great city of Fort Worth for my sil's wedding. We had a few hours to spare (so I thought) and I was really wanting to take the opportunity to take pictures of the boys. We were close to downtown and decided to take some pictures down there. Got there, got the boys out of the car, in position, and there was no card in the camera. I was so disappointed. We ended up finding a Walmart and bought a new memory card, but the time had been wasted, and dh needed an emergency tux rental to "ush" properly at the wedding. For future reference, don't assume that your husband has made sure that someone has picked up his tux for him. Make him double check. And for future reference, you cannot find an emergency tux rental on Sunday. He ended up buying a suit, but it matched fine. The wedding was held in Azle at these beautiful gardens - my photo op was still in grasp. I got a few pictures, but I'm still convinced that I may never get very many good pictures of these boys at this age. They are just impossible models. Don't they know their momma's a scrapbooker and needs good pictures? Just look at the camera and smile!!This was right outside our hotel. See how close downtown was? Man, those would have been some cute pictures.











Daddy's funny!



The bride, groom, her son(s), and flowergirl.

This one is my favorite.




Dancing - he plays air guitar and jumps while he dances.




Chris with his new suit on. It was an open bar. No, I'm kidding. I don't think he had even one drink. I just caught him about to blink.Me with my new necklace. No one noticed. :(




We had to stay late at the wedding because I was suppose to cut the cake and they didn't even get to it until after 9pm. The next morning, we took the boys to Hurricane Harbor. With our coupon, our whole family got in for $16. But of course, with parking, locker, tube rentals - they really get you inside. It was a fun day, none the less. Ca was a little too tired from the night before to truely enjoy, but he did fall asleep for a little while. Mostly, we hung out at the kiddie park, but we went on the lazy river and the wave pool, too. Chris took Z down this huge slide. You ride on it in a double raft (no lap riders) and when I saw people coming out of it, flipping, I got really nervous. But Z rode in the back, hanging on to daddy's neck. No flipping. He survived.

4 comments:

Elayne said...

Love these!

team D said...

Love them you have don't a great job I like the ones of them together they will make such a great scrapbook page. Can't wait to see them.

Camezi said...

These are great pictures! What do you mean they aren't good models?! I love them! Interesting wedding dress. . . so how much did that suit cost? yikes. Looks like fun.

Finding Joy in Him said...

Awesome photos. They look like you took them and paid 100s of dollars to have them done.

J