Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Now, You're Updated

  • Chris decided to back out of that triplex he was going to buy. A friend of his looked at it and told him that it needed a lot of expensive structural repair. Chris decided that it wasn't worth it. I'm relieved. He doesn't need a huge project like that 10 weeks before my due date.
  • I'm again having a worried-about-finances-week. Chris' insurance from work has changed and is costing us a whole lot more. His paychecks are smaller. STRESS. I'm going to have to take an unpaid maternity leave from teaching. I think I have no choice but to start again after a break. It just doesn't make sense financial to give that up. We've got to figure out what to do with the kids while I teach. There'll be 3. STRESS.
  • I've started on a baby quilt. I'm making it a bit simplier than the other quilts, for obvious reasons.
  • Had another sonogram yesterday. The baby was face down, curled up in a ball. It was hard to identify anything but the spine. The nurse asked, "did we make a prediction last time?" Me, "yes." Nurse, "girl?" Me, "no, you thought it was a boy." The nurse looked again, she said that she could kind of see a boy part but wouldn't stake her life on it. Mean lady messing with me like that. They were pretty dang sure that it was a boy at the last sonogram. Maybe it feel off. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Sticking to my blue quilt.
  • Ca's favorite word: Zane. Says it 50 times a day.
  • Z thinks Lightning McQueen's (CARS) name is really "Like a Queen"
  • Our CRV is now for sale.
  • Better start working on that quilt, again. Lots of cutting to do.

5 comments:

Meems said...

You have a lot going on. We to have a girl night soon.

Elayne said...

Catching up on all your news..Looking forward to seeing you.

kablot spot said...

I almost laughed out loud at the sonogram thing. Wouldn't that be a funny turn of events?

La said...

I did ok teaching with 3 in SA but mine weren't as close together as yours will be.

I teach here now (not many) and having both Joshua and Aulora to deal with during lesson time is hard. It never fails that one of them will poop or get hurt or just be way too needy. We instituted "Mimi Day" when I teach so that the older two go with their great grandma for a few hours. That helps some. If only I could find someone to dump the babies on! ;)

I guess what I'm saying is that you can do it, but it's hard. I dread it every week. =(

Camezi said...

Whenever I pray for you in my quiet times, I always pray for peace. :)