Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Life Update

Baby's Room: Almost done cutting squares for the quilt. MIL has loaned me her sewing machine, so I'm hoping to start that soon. Only a couple months left to get this done!

Flylady: Since I've started I've cleaned the top of my fridge, organized my shoes, cleaned out my piano bench & magazine rack, washed a few windows, dusted a few fans, and a whole lot more. But now, she has disappointed me. Just last week, she started over again. I didn't even get to the boys' rooms yet. I'm ignoring her, now. I'm still trying to spend 15min/day on extra cleaning, but I'm not doing her little assignments. I've got other rooms to do.

Pregnancy: I'm officially in the ouch stage. For the last week, my ribcage has been in so much pain. I'm starting to wonder if it's bruised or something. Only feels ok in the mornings, but at least I'm not throwing up. I'll take pain over nausea any day.

It's a Boy: I'm getting over it. I'm still sad and would be ecstatic if the sonogram was wrong (there's no way - I saw it before the nurse even mentioned it), but I'm ok. It is, what it is.

Bathroom Makeover: I painted it last weekend. I need to make some "art" for the wall, but will post pictures after I'm done. I'm LOVING the color! Can't wait to finish.

Working Out: I've been staying on top of that pretty well. Most weeks I'm going 3 days, sometimes only 2 (though you wouldn't know it if you saw me - I'm HUGE). Yesterday, I went with a friend and we walked 3 miles! Don't think that'll happen with me going alone. Talking to a friend was a great distraction.

Couponing: I'm still doing it. In fact, last week, I spent only $4 on 2 gallons milk, kleenex, 2 2 liters, eyeshadow, lipstick, gum, & 2 tubs of oatmeal. I can't seem to get my weekly spending down to $75/wk, but I"m blaming it on Chris. He'll go to the store every once in a while and buy things that I wouldn't buy. It's frustrating b/c I'm trying to get our spending down, but who can complain about someone else going to the store for you? I'm hoping next month to start saving our receipts again and really stay on top of it. I've been really close to a $75/wk budget, but haven't quite done it a whole month, yet.

CBS: (Community Bible Study) I'm LOVING it! It's a lot of older women in our little group, but they have lots of wisdom. It's also keeping me accountable to a personal daily Bible study. Next year, Z will be in a homeschooling group at CBS, and he'll be doing to same daily lesson as me (well, the kid version). I'm excited about that b/c I had been debating about joining a different homeschooling group next year, but didn't really want to. That one would involve a big commitment from me, and I'll have a newborn. But with CBS, he'll still be around other homeschoolers, getting a great daily Bible lesson, and I won't have to teach any classes! I will join the homeschooling co-op eventually, I'm just not quite ready yet.

Pre-K/K Co-op: This is not the group I was referring to in my previous paragraph. I love this group. It's small and we get to pick whatever we want to do. We take turns teaching so we don't have to host/teach every week. It's not 100% homeschooling group. More of a educational playgroup. We've been doing lessons on community helpers. Since January, we've been to the library for a tour, suppose to go to the dentist soon, and are talking to the hospital about a tour (3 of us moms are pregnant and we thought that'd be appropriate). I keep hoping it'll grow, but the truth is, it's nice just being a few families. We're getting to be close and so are our kids.

No comments: