On Monday, the kids and I went to 3 stores together, one of which was HEB which is always my long shopping stop. I don't necessarily get the greatest deals there, but for most everything that isn't a coupon/sale item, that's where I go. I also will get some stuff with their little yellow coupons. I went to Walgreens and Target that day, too. Took us 2 hours to get it all done. I got all the groceries that I needed for the week, 2 boxes of hairdye (not for me - I'm a natural redhead :)), milk, eyeliner and some other stuff for a total of $42, saved $77. I'm pretty happy if I saved 50% at HEB, so I was real happy with myself.
Today, I really got lucky.
At CVS, they have a deal through tomorrow where you buy 2 packages of diapers for $17.98, and get $4 ECB back. I've started getting Ben's diapers through Amazon Mom, but I still need a few for Ca (he wears them to bed). This wasn't the most fabulous deal, but then I get an email for $4 off $20 purchase. Now, we're talking. I had 2 $2 manufacturers coupons for Huggies, plus they have some Colgate on sale for $3.79, get $3.79 ECB back on that, aka "free". We get there and the kids scan the card in the magic coupon machine and what do you know, but a $3 off Huggies CVS coupon prints. SWEET!
2 Huggies, $17.98
Colgate $3.79
minus $4 off $20 coupon
minus $3 off CVS Huggies coupon
minus 2 $2 manufacturers coupons
minus $2 ECB from another week
TOTAL: $9.34, plus received $7.79 in ECB
if you don't count the ECB I had, but count the ones I received, that's like paying $3.55 for all that!

No comments:
Post a Comment