Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Room Swapping

A couple weeks ago, I built the top bunkbed (Chris helped) and we moved Zane into Ca's room. My main concern was that Z would wake up disoriented, needing to go potty, and fall out of the bed. We got it up and I had a whole new thing to worry about: the ceiling fan. The ladder is right by it. So he not only has to be careful with his footing, but he has to watch his head, too. We've been waking him up at night before we go to bed so that he can go to the bathroom to get him used it. The first night of the boys being together was rough getting them to go to sleep, but it's actually gone really well since then. (no tv in the morning if they are bad).

I still need to fix the bedskirt. The ladder is attached so the bedskirt doesn't fit right. Just got their letters in the right place today.
I had them mixed match their throw pillows to help it coordinate a little better. I'm happy with my mixed matched bedspreads. I think it works.
I still need to get all these assembly labels off the top bunk. There are at least 20 or 30 of them. They obviously don't come off easily.
 We got this bookcase a month or two ago at a secondhand office supply store. $20. We had a short one there before. Our book collection was overrunning so we needed more space.
Last week, I moved Ben into Z's old room. No more crib for him. I had to do a lot of mattress, box spring, and bunky board swapping. A friend gave us an old box spring, so we put that on Z's old bed & moved his bunky board to the bunk. It makes the bed so tall!!! Poor little Ben can barely get into the bed. We can lower the bed & I've asked Chris to do that, but . . . well, we'll see if it ever happens. We have that bed rail and it makes me feel better. The first night, he woke up a couple of times crying, but has done great since. Nap times aren't the smoothest, but they weren't with the crib either. He's just less contained now. 

Today, I got some Ben details moved in there.

 He even has his blanket at the foot of the bed, now.
I'm thinking about taking down his name above the bed and doing a new one. It doesn't match the new room well. I have a "B" already so I'd only have to buy 2 more letters. Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon this week and since I don't have a name decided for the baby, yet, (eyes rolling) I might as well use them on a name we already have. But what color would I paint the "E' and "N'?

I've also got the nursery painted, but nothing's on the walls. I was proud of the color. Gray is so outside my comfort zone, plus I used black, white, and a lot of other colors to make my own paint. I really need some decor for his room. . . . like a name. By the way, Chris has vetoed "Reagan". It's sore subject.

We sold OUR dresser and got a new chest of drawers & nightstands with our Christmas money. That room is still a mess, too. Maybe I'll tackle it tomorrow. I need to rearrange pictures and I really want to buy lamps for the nightstands. Maybe Big Lots will have a 20% off sale again, soon.

2 comments:

Camezi said...

nice

The Holik's said...

I love looking at all your decorating!! Very good taste!!