Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

There Will Be Tears

Every year at Christmas, I have given my MIL an album of the year of her grandbabies. Every year, I expect tears of joy. Every year, she gives me the emotion of someone who just got a new toaster oven. It's so disappointing. This year, I'm expecting tears. Not from her - no, I gave up on that, she'll be lucky if she even gets one. (Actually, she really will. I've been too busy to work on my own stuff.) No, not her tears, but with this work I'm doing on albums, Christmas cards, and storyboards. Someone better cry. So if you order something from us or get a gift from someone from us, at least pretend to cry. If your allergies are bothering you and your eyes are watery, pretend they are tears of joy. It wouldn't bother me a bit if you decided to come to my house after receiving your Sprinkle product and give me a big hug. Just make sure you put eyedrops in your eyes first.

5 comments:

Camezi said...

You are so funny. I'm glad my mil cries when I make her stuff. I might be wrong, but I think it's because we are the only kids she has and she is lonely so far from us.

beautiful chaos said...

Great! Now I'll have to start carrying around an onion and a hacksaw - just for the moment that you crack open the book...
I guess it's worth it - after all, that's what friends are for.

beautiful chaos said...

Ok - got your email - there WILL be tears. It is amazing!

Elayne said...

She may have tears if she reads your blog!

Ask Spraytopia said...

Tears my friend. Lovin the preview.