Last Weeks Totals: $74.19
Saved: $86.91
Yah! I made my goal! AND that includes a Walmart trip for school supplies, and a trip Chris took to HEB and spent $20. He did use a couple of coupons, but I sure had to stretch the rest. We had 4 transactions this week where the total was $0.00. That's too cool! You feel like you just robbed the store.
Today, I made a trip to Walgreens and CVS and got this
3 bags of Kettle chips, colgate, 2 packages of washable dry erase markers (these are regularly $8 or more each), 2 pkgs of 2 count pens, 3 pkgs 4 count batteries, pepto (for Chris - poor guy), Revlon base (that alone was org priced $14), 2 pkgs M&M's, milk, highlighter
Spent: $8.66 plus $15 ECB
Saved: $67.67 and got back $6 ECB
Walgreens
Colgate - sale $3.50, get $3.50rr
coupon for $0.75 off
Total: $2.75, got $3.50rr
Pens - sale $1.19
store coupon for $1 off in July coupon book (can find this in the store)
manufacturer's coupon for $1 off
Total: FREE plus $1.61 overage
Kettle Chips - 2/$3 sale
3 $1 off coupons from paper
Total: $0.50 each
Washable Dry Erase Markers - $5.99
$3 off store coupon in July coupon book
$1 off coupon here
Total: $1.99 each (So excited about this one. The kids will love using these in school and I won't stress about them getting it all over themselves)
Highlighter - sale $.09 (I needed a filler item)
Batteries
$1 off coupon from paper
$0.50 coupon in July coupon book
Total: $1.50 each
Did two transactions so I could use the $3.50RR from the Colgate on the 2nd transaction.
Total for both transactions: $8.08, Saved $45.02
CVS
Milk - sale $2.99, get $1 ECB
Revlon - buy $10, get $4 ECB - base was $13.99 - I need some
coupon for $1 off from paper
Pepto - $3.49
coupon for $1 off (not a great deal, but Chris needed it)
M&M - 2/$1, get $1 ECB
coupon for $4 off $20 purchase
$15 in ECB from last week
Total: $0.58, plus $6 ECB back
I'm starting to feel less stressed when I go up to the checker. Usually, I'm scared I'm going to forget a coupon or do it in the wrong order (I know that sounds dumb, but you can lose money if you give them the wrong coupon first). Before I go, I look at the ads & blogs, gather my coupons, figure it all out, and figure out an approximate total so I can know if I forgot something. This is a lot of work, but getting easier. I'm not buying as much anymore because, let's face it. I've got about 6 free toothpaste and 7 bottles of men's bodywash stocked away. I just won't buy it now unless it's free or a money maker.

2 comments:
I'm overwhelmed by your mad skills.
You ROCK
Post a Comment