Thursday, April 24, 2008
Plus One
Today, I was "plus one". Casen, Crys' baby, joined our clan of boys. A 2 1/2 yr old, 1 yr old, and a 3 mth old. Whew! Casen was such an easy baby, but the hardest thing was keeping Ca off him. I was scared to leave the room b/c I didn't know what Ca would do to him. Sarah, how do you do it with both him and Ellie? Casen really did only cry when he was hungry or tired. Amazing. In fact, I was giving Casen his bottle and Ca was crying (it was our previously morning nap time that we now push through - he always cries during this time). Casen finished his bottle, but was still upset. I set him down to fix him a few more oz. and picked up Ca to calm him down and Casen settled down immediately. What's this? A baby that wants to be put down? I think he was crying b/c Ca was. He just layed on the floor happy as a clam. Didn't even cry when I left the room. Babies like that DO exist. Just for his momma's info, he took a bottle in the morning, napped for 2 1/2 hrs, bottle when he got up at 11am, nap at 1pm for another 2 1/2 hrs until his daddy came to get him. Second nap feel at the same time as my boys' naps. Nice! I did my power swaddle and white noise (purifier) to help him sleep. Worked, I guess. He was a joy to watch. Anytime you need a sub, I'd be happy to watch him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, if only all babies were like that!
thanks again for filling in!
by the way, jerry stayed home with him today and he hardly slept at all! i guess you have the touch.
Post a Comment