So since I've posted last, I've added a couple of things. Remember my curtains in my living room? I added tiebacks.
Before tiebacks . . .
After . . .

Yes, it's just garland. Different, I know, but I really like them. I got them half off at Hobby Lobby so it ended up being about $2.50 each. I think it's ellegant.Now my dining room. Back before Christmas, I had done nothing to it. Then after taking down the Christmas decorations, I got to work. My lastest addition has been curtains. I couldn't find any the color I liked, so I bought a shower curtain, cut it in half, and had mom hem it for me. I love the way it turned out!
Here's the before . . .
And the after . . .
I got this new poster at World Market. Each box has a letter with a little quote using a word starting with the letter. Word art. Totally my thing. It's all positive, not quite all scriptural, but I didn't exactly read it cover to cover before my purchase. I'm wishing I would have bought a nicer frame, but oh well. I think it mirrors my canvases on the opposing wall well.
Now the kitchen. Chris finally got the backsplash up. Of course, he still has a little more work to do (it's like he doesn't like to have a project COMPLETELY done - what's up with that?). I'm not sure if I'm ok with the wooden trim around the top of the backsplash, but I don't think I have a choice unless I'm going to fix it myself (not going to happen).






7 comments:
Love it all! Now, come help me do mine. . .oh wait, there's no money because we got new windows. ugh.
I love the garland Idea, from the picture it looks like a expensive metal thing for a window...very very nice! I love it..and everything else too!
I think it looks terrific! But luckily, I even got to see most of it in person. A very cozy, yet chic space! Great job!
I should have named you Martha!
i totally love the tie-backs! my curtains are tied back with strips of fabric -- not hemmed or anything. i like yours better! :)
i like your house posts. your house it's gorgeous!
Wendy, you don't know me, but I know Lori Sullivan and stumbled on your blog through her's somehow... I wanted to ask you (because I am just about to move into my new house that we just bought next month) where you got your two amazing brown sitting chairs? I love them, they look so cozy. If you remember the details please pass them on. It would be much appreciated!
Thanks for the info Wendy. I looked on OS, I didn't see the exact chairs, but they had a lot of other great ones. I will keep my eyes open, and the perfect ones will come. Your home is awesome! I love your creativity, I will be stealing ideas from you. Take that as a compliment!
Post a Comment