Lesson One: When holding the guitar, actually pretend to play it. This one, I think looks fine, but there are others where she has a serious look on her face and her hand's in the same place. I didn't think to check.
Lesson Two: Balloons. I had no idea what to do with these balloons, but she wanted them, so I tried. Problem with them is they fly straight up leaving a straight vertical line composition-wise. If she ran, they flew around, but couldn't get a good focus with my camera that way. Never quite figured them out. The wind caught them here, but imagine them flying right about her head. So the lesson? secretly pop all balloons before shoot.
Lesson Three: Always bring Angie with you. Angie's the friend who asked me to take the pictures for Christy. She had some great ideas. This is her red couch, and it was her idea to lay the guitar on the couch. I thought it made a neat background.
Lesson Four: Watch those hands. Oops, cut them off.
Lesson Five: Always bring a chair or stool to take a picture from this angle.
Lesson Six: Pastor's kids low cut dresses can be photoshopped. (This is the photoshopped version - I'd show you the other, but like I said, pk).
Awww! To be young again. I miss you, wrinkle-free skin.
And what the heck is this? Look at her lip. A plus sign. Is that from my camera cuz it sure wasn't on her lip? And that dot on her cheek? I didn't notice it on any other pictures.









4 comments:
Love these! Hope she does, too.
You are doing such a great job! Seriously. You inspire me to learn more about the manual settings on my camera. When I have time. =) (I still don't know how you had the time!)
The kids were NOT with me when we went to take pictures. Chris was watching them.
Thanks for all the tips... When fall classes begin? I'd like to sign up.
J
Post a Comment