Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not Couponing

Just kidding.

milk, 2 toothbrushes, puffs, razor, 3 bodywash, chips, and a bag of huggies
Spent: $5.27
Saved: $43.99, plus I got back $6 in RR from Walgreens

Walgreens . . .
Transaction 1
Schick 5 blade, sale $7.99, get $4 RR
        coupon from paper for $5 off
        Total: $3.24, plus $4 RR

Transaction2
Nivea Body Wash - sale $5.99, get $5.99 RR
      coupon from paper for $3 off
      Total: $2.99, plus $6 RR

Reach Toothbrushes, $0.99
    coupon for $2/2 from coupons.com
    Total: FREE

Puffs, sale 3/$5
     not that great of a sale, but I needed something $1 or more to add to my purchase so I could use my $4 RR from the razor.
     Used my RR from the first transaction and    
     Total for Nivea, toothbrushes, & Puffs: $0.69, plus $6 RR

After I bought that razor, I found out there's a deal where you can get a rebate on that razor, but it started Monday. I bought mine Sunday. DOH!

CVS . . .
Transaction 1:
Old Spice Body Wash - sale $4, get $4 ECB
      Buy 1 Get 1 coupon from paper
      Total: $4, plus $8 in ECB

Chips - $1
     I bought these along with the body wash b/c I had a $5 ECB from last week and I needed the extra $1 to make it enough to use the ECB
     Total for first transaction: FREE, plus $8 ECB

Transaction 2:
Milk, $2.99
Huggies - $8.49
    internet coupon for $3 off
   $8 ECB from first transaction
    Total: $1.34 

I thought the body wash was such a great deal at CVS, and I had more coupons for B1G1. But you're only allowed to get 2 per CVS card, so I went back and signed up for another card. I had been using Chris' card, so I just signed up for one under my name. Ok, so this might be cheating a bit. I got a $50 Sears card and then got $10 ECB for that. At Sears this week, you can buy $50 in men's apparel and send in for a $50 rebate on men's apparel. If you get the gift card at CVS, that's like getting $100 in men's clothes for $40, plus you can get stuff that's clearanced or on sale. So I bought the gift card and with my $10 ECB, I got another Schick razor (buy a razor for $9, get $4 back - didn't have another coupon, but decided that rebate deal was worth it), and 2 more body washes. Total after gift card: $2.14,  plus $12 ECB, Saved $17.99

I just read an update on the Sears rebate thing. Apparently, Sears is not letting you get the rebate if you used a gift card. DOH!! But for those of you interested, in doing the rebate without a gift card, go here.


On to Albertsons. . . .

1 loaf of bread, 2 dozen eggs, 2 1/2 gal milk, 8 rolls of paper towels

Everything was on sale and I had a $0.25 off coupon for the paper towels that they tripled
Used my $6 RR from Walgreens
Total: $2.59, Saved: $16.16

Walmart . . . (no pic, sorry)
     2 pkg of 8 o'clock coffee that I price matched from Big Lots for $3 each,  & had 2 $1 coupons
     2 glen muir tomato paste, 2 $1 off coupons. Total: FREE
     String Cheese, coupon for $1 off, Total: $1.98
     2 pkg of Taco Bell seasoning, $1/2 coupon, Total: FREE
     Total for Walmart: $5.90, but had store credit from something my MIL gave Chris to return. She was just trying to get rid of it, and Chris had the bright idea to take it to Walmart for store credit. Think it was printer ink or something. Anyway, it's like $35, so I won't have to spend money at Walmart for a while.
          

Plus I got 2 SCJohnson rebates in the mail
Total: $10 - (I think that should be credited to my weekly spending, don't you?)

So if you add it all up, total (not counting Chris' clothes) for the week
        Spent: $10.00 (exactly) minus $10 rebate I got in the mail
        Equals $0.00!
       Saved: $78.14, plus $12 ECB left for next week

Now, I still haven't hit Target yet or our weekly HEB shopping, but with a $75 budget, I think this is the week!
Oh and one more pic . . .      


This is the stuff Chris took to the church to donate. We're overflowing with deoderant, body washes, and toothpaste. I was so pumped that I'm able to supply our church with things that someone else may not be able to afford (or know how to, right?). There's a package of pads, just for you, Angela. Can you find them?

2 comments:

The Holik's said...

You are awesome!! Still trying to learn some things!! :) Keep up the good work!!

I was wondering if you could do the body wash thing TWICE at CVS this week, because my sister did it using my card and bought Gillette. I was wondering if I could go back and do it using MY card again, but buy the Old Spice Body Wash.

Wendy said...

To answer your question, at CVS the body wash deal is limit 2 on one card. I did the deal twice b/c I used my husbsnd's card and then mine. You could have your sister sign up for her own card and do it again.