Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Spending for the Week

Like I've said, I'm trying to get my spending down to $75/wk for all groceries, toiletries, cleaners, etc. Last week, I spent about $107, saved $148 (not sure on the exacts. I sent Chris to the store once and never saw a receipt). Yes, it's over my ideal budget, but my fridge is stocked, my freezer is busting, and I won't be needing toilet paper anytime soon. That also means I saved almost 60%.  Only $40 of what I spent was at HEB, so that means all of my other shopping was with coupons and/or great sales. Most of the stuff at HEB was on sale, too. I'm more hopeful this week. I started the week with $5 in extra care bucks (CVS bucks) and there isn't a whole lot of extras that I'm planning on getting. Think I can achieve that goal? I'm not 100% sure myself, but I'm having fun trying, and I KNOW I'm saving money. Before, I figure we were spending at least $400 - $500/mth on everything, so getting it closer to $300 will certainly help with our finances. It's sometimes easy to fall into the trap of buying something b/c I have a coupon and there's a sale (aka self-tanning lotion). I think having a budget goal will help me steer clear of those great deals on things I really don't need.

3 comments:

Meems said...

Come on. Who doesn't need self tanning lotion? You know you are a whity just like me! :)

Elayne said...

I think about you every time I go to the store and buy something without a coupon.

CG said...

Me too! I have never been more aware about coupons, until now! Thanks!

PS. Mark down days are at Target are normally on mondays.