This pictures looks crazy, I know, but I wasn't trying to perfect my photoshopping skills, just get a picture clearer in my mind. I actually like the original better (I'm not showing you that b/c you will too), but I need to work with what I've got in order to save money. There's already a chair rail. The rocker in there is already green and I REALLY don't want to recover it. It's such a pain plus I'd have to buy more fabric! (yes, my Seuss quote is going bye-bye). My rocker looks pretty ugly next to that other chair. Oh well. It was free. Maybe I can paint the wood black or white. Think that'd help?
I did some math and I'm going to need 10 yds of fabric to cover the bumper, make a bed skirt and quilt. If I'm lucky enough to find something I like for $5/yd, that's still $50! Then paint, 2 sets of curtains, wall decor (even homemade), I'm sure will add up to more than $50. $100 budget probably won't happen, but I bet I can stay under $150.
I've decided that I like the bottom paint color of the wall a dark gray, so I'll be painting that, too. Not even sure if brown will go in the room. Shocker!! Somehow green and blue are managing their way in there, though. Really need to find new favorite colors (this is why I needed a girl - I could have done purple).
I do like the trees in the picture (I think they did a little overkill), but maybe I can put one in the corner where "seuss" was. I could paint owls in the limbs instead of birds. I asked dh about doing it, since he does have an art degree, and he said, "I have that projector, so it'd be easy enough for you to do it yourself." So much for getting him involved. I'll let him stick to gutting the bathroom, I guess or maybe painting that rocker for me.
Here's some other stuff I like for the room aka things I will be making or asking crafty friends and family to make (already got 1 sis on some projects).
owl pillow - have to have a pillow for my back in the rocker, and this would be the perfect size.
owl mobile - this is the project I've got sis on. I already have a mobile with stuffed animals in it. I can just cut them off and replace them with these little owls. Easy peezy.
This had me laughing for a while, especially for a nursing boy. I really need someone to make me one of those. I even think we could make it cuter.
I've got other art projects my mind . . .somewhere in my brain . . .guess I'll find those later. I'm sure they involved scrapbooking paper, right? I still need things for the wall and shelves. After I figure out Quat's real name, I'll put that on the wall in some craft-like fashion.
Any volunteers??
I've decided that I like the bottom paint color of the wall a dark gray, so I'll be painting that, too. Not even sure if brown will go in the room. Shocker!! Somehow green and blue are managing their way in there, though. Really need to find new favorite colors (this is why I needed a girl - I could have done purple).
I do like the trees in the picture (I think they did a little overkill), but maybe I can put one in the corner where "seuss" was. I could paint owls in the limbs instead of birds. I asked dh about doing it, since he does have an art degree, and he said, "I have that projector, so it'd be easy enough for you to do it yourself." So much for getting him involved. I'll let him stick to gutting the bathroom, I guess or maybe painting that rocker for me.
Here's some other stuff I like for the room aka things I will be making or asking crafty friends and family to make (already got 1 sis on some projects).
owl pillow - have to have a pillow for my back in the rocker, and this would be the perfect size.
owl mobile - this is the project I've got sis on. I already have a mobile with stuffed animals in it. I can just cut them off and replace them with these little owls. Easy peezy.
This had me laughing for a while, especially for a nursing boy. I really need someone to make me one of those. I even think we could make it cuter.
I've got other art projects my mind . . .somewhere in my brain . . .guess I'll find those later. I'm sure they involved scrapbooking paper, right? I still need things for the wall and shelves. After I figure out Quat's real name, I'll put that on the wall in some craft-like fashion.
Any volunteers??


2 comments:
Did I volunteer to make the owl mobile? I can't remember.
I love this room!!! Too cute!
Post a Comment