Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nursery Color Scheme

I've been thinking obsessing over this for the last week. I actually thought of it before I was even pregnant. I knew that I was destined to become a mom of all boys, so I decided then, if I had another, I'd do an orange nursery. After we found out Quatro was indeed a boy, I was walking through Ben's nursery (cleaning or whatever) and started getting sad that I didn't really HAVE to redecorate. A friend told me that she knew someone who had 3 boys and was upset when finding out #3 was another boy, too. Her doctor actually suggested that before she try anti-depressants, that she try preparing for the new baby, decorating the nursery, etc.. I'm not so depressed that I think I need anti-depressants or anything, but with my friend's advice, I decided to decorate anyway. I enjoy it, and it'll give me something to look forward to. I've been meaning to post my ideas all week, and my other pregger blogger friends beat me to it! So, I promise, I'm not trying to copy your nursery post. I don't have a real clear vision of what I want, but here's my dream color scheme that I'm sure is going to have to be adjusted being how we have little "green" to spend. My goal is to do it all under $100, making my own bedding and most of the decor. Scrapbooking paper will be the key, I'm sure. I probably should have done some number crunching first, but we'll see.

The walls are already brown on bottom (chair rail). I'm hoping that I can paint the top gray and it look ok leaving the brown, but if not, I can repaint it, too. I want to make the bedding orange, gray, & brown with pops of chartreuse and . . . whatever that other color is, throughout the room. The selection of fabric is pitiful in ho-dunk-ville, so I may attempt to order fabric online (nervous about that one). Then to top it all off, I want to add owls to the room. Not an overwhelming owl bedding, but just a few here & there, on the wall, or a pillow. I'll post some more of my inspiration, soon.

3 comments:

Camezi said...

How do you do that thing when you type a word and cross it out?

Wendy said...

I crossed it out with my pen.

It's one of the choices when you compose your post.

Finding Joy in Him said...

Love your colors! Want me to knit you a blanket? I'll send you a pict..

J