Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

About an hour into our first day of school this week, I considered quitting. I just can't seem to find a way to get Ben quiet while the boys are doing their schoolwork. I did do some of the Letter of the Week stuff with him. I'd get the big boys working on independant work, then start with Ben. Apparently, Ben's work seemed more interesting because the big boys would immediantly stop and watch us instead. Then to add to the caos, Jack's been super grouchy this week (teeth?).  I could work when Ben while the big boys are on their breaks, but that doesn't seem fair to him. I could take Ben into another room while the big boys are doing independant work, but then I can't keep an eye on them to make sure they stay on task. And I haven't even been to the gym this week. We've been a little sick so I haven't even tried, but when that excuss ends, I don't know how I'm going to juggle. it.  This morning, we had to do our grocery shopping and then this afternoon with had playdate planned. I never did totally finish school today. I don't know how other homeschool moms do it.
Ben really did a great job with his preschool work. I was able to do about 3 activities with him each day this week. The first time we did this page, he just scribbled all over it. But look, now he's actually tracing the lines.

The big boys are really good students, too. They get distracted at times or are sloppy, but for the most part, they are ideal students. Ca just did this sums of 8 activity. He wanted me to take a picture.
Fighting with Ben today to get dressed. I finally convinced him to put on some overalls because they were like the ones Jack was wearing. Terrible twos

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Well, shucks, I was just thinking, I should have hooked up with Ben for Granny school this week. Let's plan a day for next week. You are out Wed, and Fri, right?