Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

Dinner at My House

Today, we had a white trash lunch: generic lean pockets and mixed veggies. Dh was working all day, and I don't generally cook for just me and my 2 yr. old. Z loved the lean pockets. To get him to eat veggies, I usually end up spooning it for him. I know, I know, but it gets them in his body. He's learned, however, that I won't make him take the spoonful of veggies, if his mouth is full already. So, it has to be done with precise timing. Today, I saw that his mouth was empty and I quickly grabbed a spoonful of veggies to shove in his mouth, but his quickly grabbed a hot pocket bite and slipped it into his mouth before I could get the veggies in there. It was too funny. He's getting faster than me. Ca has revisited the blowing raspberries faze. Unluckily, he decided to do this during dinner. I'd give him a bit of pureed food, and he'd take it, but then start blowing. I'd have to cover his mouth with the spoon so I didn't get hit. Dinner in a home with babies is just wild. But way more fun!

1 comment:

Meems said...

Sounds like you've got some smart kiddios.

That's a good idea spoon feeding the veggies. I know F. would go for it, because she wants me to treat her like I treat Bubba.

Your a good momma.