Monday, August 27, 2007
Introvert vs. Extrovert
Yesterday, Pastor T. was giving a sermon about raising kids. He was talking about directing them according to their talents and personalities. One thing he talked about was introverted vs/extroverted. He gave it a different definition than I had for it. I thought it just meant friendly vs. shy. He said that you know which you are by what refuels you. For example, for his birthday, he said he'd love a huge party w/everyone. His wife, the introvert, would rather have some cash and a mini vacation all by herself. I always thought of myself as an introvert b/c I tend to be shy around new people, but this is a different definition. The funny thing is, I don't know which I am now. I would like both birthday gifts. What are you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm extra extroverted! People are always shocked to hear me say that.... HA!
I am a mixture. I love to be alone at times. I also have a need to stay busy and do things outside of the house.
I would have a quiet family and close friend birthday party. I don't want to have to open present in front of people. I want to talk to everyone but not at once in a speach!! So I am more in the introvert then the extroverted but I still need my people.
My pastor talks about what refuels you, too. He is refueled by being around people and his wife loves to be alone.
A good conversation with a kindred spirit refuels me.
I admittedly also get a rush from some serious bargain shopping (preferably clothes) and gourmet chocolate. . . with a friend.
"Everything's friendlier with two."--Pooh
You really thought you were an introvert? hehe! You like the idea of the introvert vacation because you probably need a break and nothing else. You have always really needed people to refuel you, same as me. But there are times when I really enjoy a quiet evening or morning by myself. But I will always forfeit that time for something involving fun and other people. I can hang out with me later... (says the single girl with no kids)
Thanks Shan!
Post a Comment