
Mom asked me to write this down for a scrapbook of hers, so I thought I'd share it with you, too.
Becky kept complaining to us about this guy in her art class that kept asking her out. We assumed it was some creepy guy and felt sorry for her. One day, we met him. I thought, "that's the guy that she's complaining about? He's cute." Thus sparked my interest. When Becky noticed that I was interested, Chris suddenly became more appealing to her. She asked me if I liked him and told me that she liked him, too. I decided that I didn't want to compete, so I backed off. They dated for a couple of weeks, but broke up (obviously). That's when we started dating. We dated for a few months before I asked him "where this was going." I wasn't sure how serious he was about our relationship. Without meaning to, I gave him the ideas of marriage. To my shock, he told me a week or so later that he had been talking to his mom about marrying me. WHAT?!?! I just wanted to know if he thought of this as some fling. Time went by, and we talked more and more about marriage. After several appointments with dear old dad, he got permission to ask me. He official asked me, ring and all, in the summer of 1998. We were at his mom's house on her backyard swing just talking and star gazing. He asked, "Will you be my wife?" I said yes. We were married 6 months later.
3 comments:
That picture is adorable.
Nice story, too. I'm not sure that I had ever heard all of it.
What a lovely story. We need to get the hubbies together. Who know maybe they would hit it off.
I was thinking I had not heard all of it either... That is odd.
Post a Comment