Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New Commitment

I'm making a new commitment - one to God and one to my house. Since the baby's come, I've been slacking on keeping the house clean and having quiet time. I've been using the baby as an excuss, but it's time to stop. He's doing so much better now, and I need to start acting like it. My scrapbooking albums are no longer bare, and my house is getting sticky. I've been doing good at keeping it straight and doing those weekly chores, but it's those occasional chores that are not getting done. So here's my commitment: I must complete the following each day before I'm allowed to even turn the computer on (my downfall): (can you use 2 colons in the same sentence?) quiet time, working out (3 days/wk), straighten house, clean kitchen, lunch in the works, 1 load of laundry, and 2 weekly/daily chores. There of course will be exceptions - sick days, laundry already caught up, or 1 BIG chore. I'm going to post at the bottom of my blogs what I've done to earn my computer time, so help me keep committed. Call me on it when I haven't done my chores. I think I'll post a list on the side, but that's just for me - for the days I "can't think of anything." (when I want on the computer, I can't seem to find anything to clean.)
  • quiet time
  • cleaned out inside of fridge (counts as 2 - BIG job)
  • shredded old documents
  • leftovers for lunch
  • laundry caught up

4 comments:

Camezi said...

Gosh you sound like me.

beautiful chaos said...

I like your new priorities.
But you forgot priority number one: me.

Meems said...

Good idea. Now when I drop by unexpectedly you will be prepared:)

Wendy said...

Meems, if you drop by unexpectedly, you may just have to excuss some things, but I don't care if you don't.