Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rain Man

Thank you so much for coming to Z's birthday! He loves having friends over, and you being here made his birthday so special. Thank you, too, mommies for keeping me on task. When I came back from nursing the baby, everyone had finished dinner and left the table. It threw me off. "Don't they want cake? Why did they leave the table?" Then dh lit the candle on the cake, dad wasn't ready with the camera, Z REALLY wanted to blow out that candle, I knew something else was missing, I really wanted dad to get a good picture of Z and his cake, dh was rushing us to blow it out so that the candle wouldn't melt anymore - THE SONG! We forgot to SING! Thanks M. for reminding us. So I finally get a chance to eat, but it's time to leave. Thanks A. for reminding us to open presents. Oh, silly new mommy. First time party - could you tell? Probably were thinking it was the first time I had even BEEN to a party. But dang, that was a nice cake. At least he had a cute cake. Know what else we forgot - to VIDEO TAPE IT!!! Oh well. Can y'all come back over, and we try it again? Next time, I'm going to eat before the party so I can stay focused. I'm a routine kind of gal, and I can't start a new task before the old one is finished. I can't change the order of the ways I do things or I become frazzled. I can't clean the kitchen if my bed isn't made first. I HAVE to start cleaning in my bedroom. After the boys eat, I eat. Not cuz I'm hungry, cuz it's my routine. Rainman-ish. Anyway, thank you. Hopefully, I'll get the hang of this. I'll post more pictures when mom gives me hers - I didn't take any.

3 comments:

Meems said...

I cannot believe you were frazzled. You seemed so layed back. I was impressed that you weren't freaking out, which is what I do when I have events at my home.

It was fun, layed back, good food, nice prizes. Good Job Momma.

Thanks for having us. Zane has become one of the children F. talks about on a regular basis.

beautiful chaos said...

That is so funny! I was there thinking how calm and together you were...
It was a really great party. And I have become an avid party-goer, so THAT is saying something...
I am proud of you for giving it your very best and it turned out great!!

Camezi said...

At least you try--I don't even have parties for my kids. Well, I think I did twice, not counting family only parties. Twice and I have 4 kids--that's 20 birthdays and I've had 2 parties with friends. What kind of mother am I? The last cake I made was lop-sided and the red sprinkles (I went all out on decorations there!) made the cake look pink. It was a boy's birthday.