Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sick Day

So I've been sick. We took a sick day today from church. My throat feels like shards of glass are in it. Z's nose is runny. I've taken 2 naps. Chris is working on his second (I think he just stayed up too late). I've been going to bed really early at night, hoping to get over it. Needless to say, my new commitment isn't being met - though I have been still working on a few things. We went birthday shopping yesterday for Z. He's getting a potty chair. Mom made fun of me for getting him that for his birthday. I think he'll be excited about it, though. Any suggestions on potty training?? Speaking of Z, he's waking up from his nap.

5 comments:

Meems said...

We have a girl, so it may be night and day.

We waited until she showed the signs that she was ready. I took a week and stayed home(without going anywhere).

We put the potty chair in whatever room we were in. We read books on the chair, we watched movies on the chair. This in the hope that she would go in the chair. F. only wore a diaper at bedtime and naptime, otherwise she just had a shirt on. For F. once we got her to go once, it was pretty much wrapped up.

We made a big deal everytime she went. She was so proud. It only took a month before she didn't use a diaper at naptime. It took a few more before she didn't use a diaper at bedtime.

Camezi said...

My advice is wait until he's 3! LOL

Sorry you are sick. If you think you might have strep throat, you need to go to the doctor. It can affect your heart. It's difficult to get rid of, too.

Wendy said...

Every night before bath, I let him sit on the potty. He's gone every night for the last several nights in a row. I figured we'll try potty training and if it doesn't happen, we'll wait a few months before trying again.

beautiful chaos said...

I wish you felt better!
Maybe it'll be over by the morning.

team D said...

potty training worse period of my life very frustrating for me. She knew how to do it and wouldn't. Go thing we went to day care for six months and then she was good. The other kids were doing it and she wanted to. But for momma it was not going to happen sorry that I am no help!!!