Friday, September 7, 2007
I've Been Cooking
I've been making lots of baby food!! I used to be intimidated by the idea of making my own baby food. As if it was on the level of using a washboard to wash clothes. But I've discovered, it's not that hard. I've also learned it can save a lot of $$. Here's the ones I've been making: frozen peaches, baby carrots, frozen peas, sweet potatoes, and bananas. The fruits are ready to puree as is, but the veggies, I steam/cook first. Then I just puree them in my food processor with a little water (more nutrition in the water they're cooked in), pour them into ice trays, freeze, then pop into Ziploc bags. It's makes a bunch so I just pick one or two to make each week. I did some of this w/Z, too, but learned that some aren't worth it: pears (take too long to peel and cut), squash (figured out I wasn't saving that much money), carrots that aren't already peeled (too much time). I hope this helps out any moms with babies. It'll really save a bunch of money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Do you ever eat the baby food yourself. I like the bannanas. Other than that...not so much.
No, I haven't, but the other day, I had a small bowl left over from my puree-ing (not enough ice trays). I was just going to save it for Ca for the next day. Dh said, I'm going to eat these peas. I thought he was kidding. He wasn't.
I'm missing you.
Post a Comment