Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Z's Quilt

When I was pregnant with Z, I couldn't find baby bedding that was in colors that liked and inexpensive. So, I decided to make my own. I'm not in any way a seamstress, but with the help of big sis and some common sense, I got it done. And if you don't look TOO close, it looks really nice.

When Z was a baby, I realized that the quilt was pointless. Babies don't need a big quilt. Whose idea was it to make quilts with the baby bedding? So it just stayed in a pile looking pretty. This spring, I finally pulled it out for Z to start using. I wasn't sure that he'd even care about it, but now he does. Every morning, he has it in his hands to bring it with him when I go get him from his crib. And sometimes, he puts it over himself while he naps and gets up REALLY sweaty. Yesterday morning, he had a diaper leak when I got him and of course, a wet blanket. So I had to wash it. "No, no, no, no," he kept saying when I took it to our laundry closet. Then he cryed when I got it in the wash. (Notice the Tide and Oxyclean - thanks girls).

He was definitely a lot happier when it was all clean. All that hard work of making the quilt has finally come to pay off. I love the fact that he loves his quilt. I sewed it out of love for him while he was growing in my belly. I hope it will always be in his life, and he'll always remember the love I had for him before I even knew him.

3 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

What a sweet story!
I just love that kid!
And his momma!

Meems said...

Those are some very splenda sweet pictures...La...you know you want some splenda. Sorry got side tracked. Have you ever been to art Thursday? I am prob going this Thurs. We should all go.

Camezi said...

Love this entry. M and E's blankets are falling apart to the point that they just have them tucked away in a special place. Z's is still ok and still getting lots of love. Iz loves his, too. They both cry if they catch me washing theirs.